Brothers and Sisters,
We are down to 1 month left in this 2018 General Election political season. Considering all of the challenges our Local has, this is actually a great time to make a strong showing for our candidates. We have some events during which we will show we are very relevant to our candidates' victories in November.
I challenge EVERY member of our great Local (yes, YOU) to make just one of the dates below. From BLI to Lynden, Geneva to Blaine and from Birchwood to Fairhaven, This is where the rubber meets the road for making improvements to YOUR hours, wages and working conditions.
1. TONIGHT! Wednesday, 9/26: Party for Debra Lekanoff, running for Representative in the 40th. Taking over from Representative Kris Lytton, she has vowed to continue to be strong on FF issues in Olympia.
Taylor Shellfish, 2182 Chuckanut Drive Bow, WA 98232, 1800-1930. Seafood should be amazing! Carpooling from Fairhaven would be ideal. Leaving around 1745. LMK if interested: 360.319.2280
2. Friday October 12, 5:30 PM, Public Safety for Eric Richey, Twin Sister Brewing. We will have the run of the Tasting Room with our Good Friends in Law Enforcement all around Whatcom County. BEER.
3. Saturday, October 13, 10:00-14:00, Lit Drop for All of our local Endorsed Candidates, Meet @ Union House. This will move along quickly as we simply say 'hi' to our neighbors as we give them information from those we support.
4. November 6th, Election Night Parties...bopping from one candidates party to another....a big night of victories for Firefighters and workers in general. Let's flip the 42nd!
5. November 7th, Post-Election Breakfast and Sign Pick Up: 0830-12:30, B'ham Country Club
(What a fantastic opportunity for Probationers to show your Brothers and Sisters your appreciation for your hours, wages and working conditions...and how we can better what we currently have!)
Thank you for your consideraiton and for supporting me in my work on your behalf.
Colin Lowin, IAFF L106 PAC Chair